How to add cutoms sprites (new enemies, etc.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to add cutoms sprites (new enemies, etc.)

Post by Geno_4_Ever on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:02 pm

MikeyK's Sprite tool:

http://www.smwcentral.net/download.php?id=66&type=tools

Romi's Sprite tool:

http://www.smwcentral.net/download.php?id=151&type=tools

Download sprite tool. Romi's uses xkas as oppose to trasm, and is used the same way, so Romi's is recommended. Some sprites can only be inserted with xkas.

First open your rom in lunar magic, move something, and save. Lunar magic installs special asm hacks that
may be needed for this. Im not comepletely sure.

Ok, so you see the file "sprites.txt"? In it, place the number in the category it belongs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the readme:

00-BF Standard Sprites (sprites included in the 'sprites' subdirectory)
C0-CF Shooters (sprites included in the 'shooters' subdirectory)
D0-DF Generators (sprites included in the 'generators' subdirectory)
E0-FF Invalid
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So say, a birdo would be a sprite numbered 00-BF, in sprites.txt its in there as 11, but could be in
as anything, as long as it is in those boundaries. So its "[#] [sprite file].cfg" without the quotes. Thats what you would write
in sprites.txt for all the ones you would like to add. No, they dont have to be listed in order. If the sprite
throws a projectile, such as boomerang bro, the boomerang sprite MUST BE INSERTED RIGHT AFTER THE BRO ITSELF.
Thats important. Sometimes, that wont work, and youll have to edit the cfg file/asm file to the hex adress of the
sprites, but most sprites don't require you to do that; such as birdo, the hammer bro, etc.

Put your rom IN THE SAME FOLDER as spritetool. Rename it something simple, thats what i do. Like "a.smc" for example,
and that is what ill use as the example. Open addmusic, it should say "enter rom filename:" there, put the name of
your rom, in this case a.smc. It will then say "enter sprite list filename:", and there put in "sprites.txt" without the
quotes of course.

The command prompt (black box) will scroll with some information of it inserting your sprites. It should say "Sprites inserted successfully

Press any key to continue..." and listen to it.

Now its time to actually insert them! :o

Open your rom in lunar magic. Click the green shell in the toolbar to go into sprite editing mode. Press the
"insert" button on your keyboard. Under "command" put in the number of the sprite as seen in the sprite.txt file.

In this example, i will use birdo. So in the command box, i place in 11. In the "Extra info box" place two unless
you want the sprites second option, but not every sprite has one. If i put a three in this box, brido might alternate
eggs and fire, for example. Now, you should be like, ZOMG! THE GRAPHICS ARE SCREWED!! And they always are in lunar magic.
Right now, they will also be glitched in game. Go into the tilemaps folder that came with sprite tool, or use the graphics
file that came with your downloaded sprite. For birdo, i would use "mario2 (SP4).bin". As the name implies, rename it to
"ExGFXxxx.bin" without the quotes where xxx is a hex number from 80-FFF. Put the ExGFX file in the "ExGrapics" folder in the same
folder as your rom. If the folder isnt there press the blue mushroom in the lunar magic toolbar. Then when the ExGFX file is renamed,
put it in the ExGraphics folder, and then press the yellow mushroom in the lunar magic toolbar. If its a new rom, also extract and reinert
the graphics using the red and green mushrooms in the lunar magic toolbars.

Press the red poison mushroom in the lunar magic toolbar. Check the checkbox at the top. In this example, as explained before, i need to
insert it under sp4, and i happened to be using ExGFX file 80. So in the SP4 box on the bottom right of the popup box, i use the drop-down
box to pick 80. Now test your new sprite. It should work perfectly! :D

ZOMG! A BIRDO! IN SMW! AHHH!

If you need to add more custom sprites, slip them into the sprite list you're using, other than making a new one, since making a new one will remove all sprites not included in the new list.

Last edited by Geno_4_Ever on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Geno_4_Ever
Posting Ace
Posting Ace

Number of posts : 318
Humor : Nope. I'm not funny.
Registration date : 2008-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to add cutoms sprites (new enemies, etc.)

Post by Pink Elephant on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:33 pm

If you need to add more custom sprites, slip them into the sprite list you're using, other than making a new one, since making a new one will remove all sprites not included in the new list.

MILESTONES[/center]
Pink Elephant
Posting Ace
Posting Ace

Number of posts : 272
Humor : LOTSA SPAGHETTI
Registration date : 2008-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowNinjaNick on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Aw cool! Thanks Geno!

Go. Subscribe. Be happy.
ShadowNinjaNick
Big Poster
Big Poster

Number of posts : 137
Humor :
Registration date : 2008-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno_4_Ever on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:27 am

No problem. It took me about an hour to write this, im glad you appreciate it. Next im gunna go with a block tool super deluxe tutorial, xkas tutorial, romis addmusic tutorial, Maybe an ow making tutorial if im feeling generous. I know i had trouble with this stuff when i started so i want to make it as easy as possible for others.

Geno_4_Ever
Posting Ace
Posting Ace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Elephant on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:01 am

Geno_4_Ever wrote:romis addmusic tutorial
MINDREADER!!! :evil:
The Xkas tutorial will help me alot. ^^

MILESTONES[/center]
Pink Elephant
Posting Ace
Posting Ace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno_4_Ever on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:27 pm

So you think xkas or romis addmusic next?

Geno_4_Ever
Posting Ace
Posting Ace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowNinjaNick on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:48 pm

*coughXKAScough*

Go. Subscribe. Be happy.
ShadowNinjaNick
Big Poster
Big Poster

Number of posts : 137
Humor :
Registration date : 2008-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Elephant on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:59 pm

ShadowNinjaNick wrote:*coughXKAScough*

MILESTONES[/center]
Pink Elephant
Posting Ace
Posting Ace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno_4_Ever on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:21 pm

Edited: Romis spritetool added. Next ill write an xkas, i need a bit more experience with it though. I learned something new about it today.

Geno_4_Ever
Posting Ace
Posting Ace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:12 am

fendi ed hardy leather handbags ed hardy shirt dolce&gabbana rever. I'm on the right track transcending this. The unaccountable lame duck Congress is preparing to put Americans on the hook for an additional $1.15 billion in spending on a Pigford II settlement program that is rife with fraud despite the fact th

Misty
Wonderous poster
Wonderous poster

Number of posts : 361
Humor : bdsf
Registration date : 2010-11-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:59 pm

ed hardy jeans mens t shirt ed hardy jeans ed hardy t shirts and more people are turning to the internet as additional income resource. Recently ed hardy men there has been an increase in demand for good affiliate offers on the market. With the arrival of the Web 2.0 a lot of companies have launched affiliate referral pr

Misty
Wonderous poster
Wonderous poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:26 am

“American Outfitters.” Well before creating the Erectile dysfunction Hardy brand Audigier appeared to be the Head Designer for Von Dutch Originals ed hardy men ed hardy jeans edhardy ed hardy men ed hardy women legendary for the legendary Kustom Kulture imagery about artist Von Dutch which unfortunately be How to add cutoms sprites new enemies etc

Misty
Wonderous poster
Wonderous poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Ed Hardy Shoes rolex edhardy women breitling watches patek philippe watches modern essentials as well as a great historical feel. In Reid's Palace Madeira I even felt that Winston Churchill was going to pop out. Hotel Cipriani is just out of this world and is the only hotel in Venice with an enormous pool. Copacabana Pal How to add cutoms sprites new enemies etc

Misty
Wonderous poster
Wonderous poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:56 pm

ed hardy,replica watches cartier watches featuring toys on wheels made by local and national artists cartier watches cartier watches ed hardy clothing runs through Dec. 22 at Craft Alliance's Jacqueline & David Charak Gallery edhardy women 6640 Delmar Blvd. Visit or call (314) 725-1177. HOLIDAY ZOOTIQUE: The Saint Louis Zoo presents its Holiday Zoot

Misty
Wonderous poster
Wonderous poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:16 pm

ed hardy clothing rolex blancpain watches armani watch rado watches rado watch d everyday lifestyle. Available at select Central and Planet Sports stores. Price: Rs. 4199 onwards. *************************** Sole comfort The striking new range of ladies' formal footwear introduced by Florsheim personifies comfort and ease. The

Misty
Wonderous poster
Wonderous poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:52 am

ed hardy clothing ed hardy clothing ed hardy men tissot watches Ed Hardy Shoes u-boat watch have invested a huge amount of money over the course of the year to make our trains snow-ready ” Calder said. “We know we let our customers down last year and we have learnt lessons.” Today’s cancellations are the result of “precautionary

Misty
Wonderous poster
Wonderous poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:23 pm

cartier watches ose words have brought honour to journalism and to hockey." Kelly was also scheduled to be inducted into the Buffalo Sabres' Hall of Fame on Jan. 1 tudor watches 2011. They tweeted it DJ Bean: [Johnny] Boychuk found out about [Matt] Hunwick trade from his mom hublot watches citizen watches patek philippe watches wh How to add cutoms sprites new enemies etc

Misty
Wonderous poster
Wonderous poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:40 am

ed hardy clothing hublot watches breitling replica jaeger lecoultre watches breitling watches tudor watches ced by small and medium-sized family-owned enterprises. These labor-intensive industries are finding that the market for high-price quality goods is being eaten away by lower-quality and far lower-priced goods made by Chinese laborers both in the Peo

Misty
Wonderous poster
Wonderous poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misty on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:13 pm

rolex watch rolex watch rolex watch oris watches y ingenuity zenith watches complete can find online Hold binary shield and purchase from credible retailers from one end to the other of Korea. Because of the prevalence and lionization of trendy clothes in Korea there is not a shortage of retailers who devise pr How to add cutoms sprites new enemies etc

Misty
Wonderous poster
Wonderous poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top